Sunday, September 23, 2007

Yesterday was so great! Me and D went to town for the whole day! 9 to 4. We walked around everywhere that whole time so we definitely got our workout for the day! And wow it was so hot but the wind was really nice. And really the heat didn't bother me too much, but i think it was because of the wind : ) We got dropped off in town and first we went to this adorable coffee shop! And the lady was so nice. We loved the CD she was playing and she let us take it home and bring it back next time we came! Oh man and the coffee and muffin were so good. It’s filter coffee and I liked it better than perked coffee! Then we walked around to all the cute little different shops here. Wow shopping here is so fun and such nice stuff and so cheap! I bought a sweet fake billabong hat for $4, (yes mom, now you know I have a hat and I will be wearing it) and me and D bought sandals for $4. And the jewelry is so beautiful here! But surprisingly I haven’t bought any yet! That’s pretty good I think, for me anyways.

Oh man and then we were walking down the street and this drunk man came to me and was grabbing my arm and telling me to buy the hat I was looking at because it was a nice one and “it was look good on you.” Oh man he was so drunk and then we just kept walking and he staggered down the street. Crazy man.

Today I also bought a cell phone and the guy there was so nice to us. He gave me a sweet deal. 250 Rand instead of 300 Rand and he gave D a coke and me bottled water AND haha, he gave us each a back pack! And it totally has actual speakers built into it! Oh it’s soo ghetto, I love it. Haha. But the guy took out something.. and so it won’t work. Me and D had a good time laughing about the fact we both were wearing matching backpacks around town. But it was really nice cause then we didn’t have to carry everything we had.

And then we saw a guy holding this snake and we got to touch it. Dione was pretty scared of it and then I asked the guy to put in on the ground and Dione freaked. so he didn’t do it. Oh Dione : )

We went out for lunch at Spur’s. It was very good food, and really great service. It was so nice to finally sit down and rest our feet. Its been so fun being with her and just hanging out again. It was such a great day.



Today was my first church service here and it was really nice. After church we had coffee and then Dione told me this one boy here played the piano as well and so he started playing and then I played and the four of us. (me, D, Daniel and I can't remember the other boy's name) sang for about 45 min in the church. It was really neat how we could all come together and sing even when we had just met.

And now in five minutes we are going to the museum here : ) Should be good! There are five of us girls going.

Oh ya and this is just a random comment but in October there are gonna be two Venasulan girls coming to the mission to help out! I'm excited. They are about 23 I think so close to my age!

Anyways. gotta run... Have a great Sunday!

Lins

No comments: