Sunday, September 2, 2007

one more week!!!

I leave in exactly 8 days. It's 8:00 pm right now and that is when my flight leaves on Monday the 10th. How exciting! This is crazy! I am not really looking forward to entering into the Toronto airport....but I am excited to leave it and then again.. not soo looking forward to the 9 hour flight I have to London. Once I'm in London it should be pretty cool. I have 11 hours to take in all that I can take in of London in 11 hours. (haha wow, i don't know if that makes much sense.. but whatever... my other half of my brain is three provinces away : ( haha. oh Carley :)
I get to London at 8 in the morning and fly out to Johannesburg at 7 pm. That is a lovely ELEVEN hour flight. From Johannesburg I fly to Durban where the South Africa WEC Headquarters is located. I will get there on the 12th and stay there for a few days, (to recuperate from some of the jetleg and do some more orientation/training which will be more specifically for being in South Africa) till that Sunday. Then I get to take a 4 hour bus-ride from Durban to Dundee. There, hopefully!, Dione will be the one to pick me up at the bus depot!

Travelling alone is definitely going to be interesting and somewhat a little stressful... but I'm not too worried about it yet.. I just have this fear of losing my luggage.. of getting to Durban and realizing my bags have not been with me along the way... But I'm trusting God to work that all out for me. Also trusting Him to work out the details of being the in the airports and getting to the right places and not getting too lost in the big international airports. I'm sure I will be asking lots of people lots of questions!

I just wanted to share with everyone something that God has been teaching me lately. It's such a simple thing but it has just been really important and awe striking to me lately. It's about prayer. I discovered that I had been taking for granted when a prayer request was answered. Not just my own prayer requests, but just any prayer request answered. I wasn't really putting my full faith in that God was the one answering the prayer. I was developing in my head that the need came "just because"... "just because that was how it went" or "just because that is what happens in life" or "just because it was a coincidence" even! It was not encouraging or enhancing my faith and i was kinda getting discouraged. But just this week God spoke to me and has been teaching me that it truly IS Him who is being the Provider and Listener of our prayers. I love how God speaks to me in such simple, not complex ways. I kinda laugh cause I believe that is just how God knows I will best learn and understand the things He wants to teach me. In a simple way, because He knows my brain cannot always comprehend big, deep theological things... haha. Anyways, He has truly humbled (and blessed) me with this thought He has given me.

In Isaiah 66:1-2 God says: "Heaven is my throne and the earth is my footstool.....Has not my hand made all these things and so they came into being?"

Isaiah 40:21-22a says "Do you not know? Have you not heard? Has it not been told you from the beginning? Have you not understood since the earth was founded? He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth."

GOD IS IN CHARGE OF EVERYTHING! It's that simple! God allows things to happen! He is the One who is soveriegn and gets to decide what happens, whenever. So therefore, answers to someone's prayer is God answering that prayer! It's so very simple : ) God is wanting to provide and supply that certain need to His child and so He allows it to happen.

I just love these verses. They really speak truth about God and I just love how they speak of His great soveriegnity and power over all things. They really put you back in focus in life. Focus you on how life came about and how desperately we need our God!

So ya, it's soo simple but it's soo huge for me lately. I hope I have encouraged some of you with what I have been learning so far.

I just have a little prayer request for you guys... I have not been feeling well.. just started this weekend when I went to Barrie. I am feeling sick with a cold now and I just really would like to be over it soon. Especially before I have to fly out. Thanks guys

Miss you! Let me know how you are doing!!

No comments: