Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Creche Day!






This morning was my very first time being a teacher in the creche and it was soo great. I did the story about Daniel and the Lions Den and the Zulu teacher there transulated for me. She is a very nice Christian lady and that is soo great. That was weird having a transulator cause it was my first time but it is soo nice to have because I wouldn't be able to get anywhere with the children! And it's not hard at all. It's just kinda is a drag that I can't understand what they say to me or vice versa. I have to learn more Zulu! Praise God they understood the story though. They are from the ages of babies to about 3. So cute. Then we played pin-the-tail-on-the-lion. They liked that. And as you see in the pictures I gave them some Canadian flag stickers and they really liked them and they were learning how to say "Canada".






After lunch we went out and did outreach. We went to this one house who is full of orphans. The aunt and the uncle are caring for about 8-9 children because the parents had died. Oh it was such a blessed time and a very heart touching experience. We brought them lots of new clothes and food and the kids and the older people were so happy and dancing around and being all goofy because they were soo happy for these gifts. Then we started singing and dancing! They were about 15 of us, children, adults and five of us from Melusi. Every got up from sitting and joined in. It was soo cool. Everyone was so happy that they had gotten this things. It was awesome cause even the baba (older man) was singing and clapping away. And they sang so loud. It was just such a new experience because I have never seen a family who has recieved gifts be so happy and celebrate like that over a little bit of food and clothes. It was a priceless moment for sure. And they are such nice people and adorable kids!


No comments: