Sunday, September 9, 2007

So Many Emotions!!

Wow! The time has actually come now. And tomorrow is going to be a HUGE day for me. It's hard to express how I'm feeling all in one word. So ya, I will just share with you guys a few thoughts I've been having lately.

First, yes, I'm scared. haha Not to the point where I don't wanna go, I DO wanna go! It's been my dream for so long! But just that there are so many uncertainties that I'm facing in the next couple of months. And changes. And I know that they will not be small changes. But I guess that what would life be without uncertainities right? It would be rather boring for sure. There is no adventure and excitement when you know what God is going to do in your life and what He is going to bring to it. But at the same time, I wondering SO much what its gonna be like! And how I will do over there and if I will like it! I sure hope so and I'm really believing I will but you just never know. I know it's just my fears right now that are keeping me from knowing that it will be super amazing : ) Stupid fears! But like that saying goes "If God brings you to it, God will bring you through it" No matter how many challenges and trials and frustations, He will bring me through it and with many many blessing along the way.

I realize that South Africa can be a dangerous place as well. Now that I've signed up to go and bought my plane ticket the crazy scary stories and facts come out! haha God can be funny. haha no, but I know that God will be my great Protector and Shield from harm and so I do not need to fear...(even though I do) It's hard sometimes to control your fears but yes I know deep down the truth of God that He is always there right beside me. And that is quite encouraging. Plus I know that this is God's will for me and so already in my life I've learned that when you are in God's will it is the best place you could ever be, even when there will be great struggles and challenges.

So I found a spider in my bed this morning. A big black one. That was pretty scarring. And once again, God has a sense of humor cause I just sensed He is preparing me for bigger, quite bigger, ugly spiders. God, just please don't let one crawl into bed with me!

And of course, it's super hard leaving my family. I've really grown a lot closer to my family in the last couple of years and it's priceless. I appreciate them soo much more for who each of them are and I am just realizing that I really really love my family and that they are indeed the most important people to me.

I'm soo excited for my little sister, Tiffany, going to Nipawin Bible College. I'm soo excited for you Tiff! It will be sooo amazing, You will LOVE it. And my little bro wanting to be an electrican : ) I'm so proud of him and how godly of a guy he is and is becoming. And Hil, how beautiful and strong she is and how I just have fun hanging out with her being retarded together. lol. And my mom, who has loved me and supported me and been so patience with me. And for how beautiful she is, and her beautiful heart of gold. I love you guys tons and I will miss you so much.

On the flipside, I'm going to AFRICA!! : ) How awesome is that? Like Aaron said "It's a sweet story to tell all my friends that my big sister is going to Africa. It sounds so safari'ish." It thought that was soo cute. haha Aaron, I love having you as my little brother. I'm super excited for all the new experiences I will get to do like hold baby lion cubs, and hand out food to the poor (I have wanted to do that ever since I was a kid!), and learn (hopefully) a new language, and play with and hug and hold the most adorable looking kids in the world!!! Oh man! God is sooo goood!! I just get to experience a whole different world over there. Which is both an exciting and a little bit of a nervous thought too : )

So ya, I guess that is a little bit and mostly how I have been feeling lately and right now, the night before I header.

Not looking too forward to the (in total) 32 hours of travelling, flying time and layovers. But I'm sure God will have blessings and surprises for me along the way : )

God bless you all. Thanks soo much for your many prayers guys.

No comments: