Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Cultures are soo Crazy!!

sorry guys... just wanted to correct myself and say that my flight to London is only 7 hours. ONLY seven hours! what am i saying?!

I'm doing good here in Hamilton. Getting the very last and final things done for this trip. I'm in a bit of that stressful mode again that i have been in off and on. Getting a little bit more nervous but I know that God will be with me and work things out for me. He always seems to do that for us : )

Today and yesterday we have been learning in class about culture and just how important and significant it is while doing missions, and ya, wow, I'm definitely learning tons and ya, I am definitely expecting to be frustrated and confused and discouraged many times! But we were reminded in class that God places those kinds of things in our lives to bring us to totally dependance on Him. I am just blow away by how DIFFERENT other cultures are! It's just soo crazy and even in class i'm like "what?! how can people BE like that!? that is soo wrong! And doesn't make ANY sense!" But we learnt that it's not about being wrong or righton the mission field but just about totally sacrificing what we are so use to and how we are so use to doing things and living life and just accepting their culture and becoming like them and fitting in. It is only when that happens will we be able to effectively reach out to the people around us and share Jesus with them. And really, that makes complete sense. So that would be awesome if you could pray that I would be able to adapt well to the culture and be willing to sacrifice my many different ways of thinking about things and just accept how they do things. Becuase it's going to be a great challenge for sure!

No comments: