Wednesday, January 30, 2008

God's Answer to My Prayer


This is Judy. I wanted to share with you about her because she is so special to me and because she is God's answer to my prayer. Before I even came to South Africa, about 4-5 months before, I started asking God that He would send someone around my age that I would really be able to connect with in Africa. Someone to hang out with and just be able to be myself around and build a strong friendship with. And I know without a doubt that Judy is His answer for me and I really just wanted to share that with you and to give the glory and praise to God.
Judy came in Novemeber, along with Sofia, from Venazuela. She is not fluent in English yet...but she tries so hard to learn it. Her language struggle is yes, a struggle, but such a blessing too because we have some good laughs with her as she tries to describe what she is saying through sometimes very funny actions and gestures. But, most of the time I understand what she is trying to say which is really great. She definitely is getting better. She is a nurse and so she helps a lot with the care center here and is a really get help on outreaches when we find people who have wounds, cuts and more.
Judy is soo crazy, and Dione will agree with me, for she lives with her. She is crazy and yet a very sweet, gentle person. And she is 25, only 4 years older than me! She is such a joy in my life and I'm soo thankful to God that He brought her here. Our God is so great and I'm so thankful that He listens to even our simplest prayers. What a faithful God we serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lindsay.....how i miss thee. Isn't it the best thing when you have someone to hang out with and just to share things with. God is so amazing that he answers our prayers and give us what we need. Im praying for you!