Monday, January 7, 2008

My Tour Part 2: The Care Center


This is the care center we have on our mission. It is a carecenter only for HIV/AIDS patients. And unforunately, for those who are living their last days because of this terrible disease. The Lord has been doing incredible things here though. For instance this guy whos' name is Sifiso, came in to the care center about four months ago and he was very weak and hardly able walk and now he is walking around helping around the mission with little things and he even came with me and D to the black church and was dancing with us! He is so cute. Here am I trying to teach him guitar. It was so funny the way it happened. I was doing devotions with the patients one day about setting your mind on things of above and just as I was leaving I asked them "So what are you going to think about today?" And Sifiso, who doesn't know much English, replied "I will be thinking about playing guitar.." haha I was like "Oh.. ok..." And then I thought, why not teach him something? So then I told him, yes I will come back that day and teach him a few chords and oh boy was he ever excited about learning it!

The Lord has also been working in the lives of the voluntary care givers. One lady came here with bad alcohol addictions and now she is totally changed and has become a Christian and was offered a paying job in a different town! The Lord is so good.

Judy has also started working at the care center, along with Lynn and Denise. Sorry about the sideways picture...

The carecenter takes up to 10 patients at a time and is strictly only for those with HIV/AIDS. They are such a blessing to us. They are God's special children as well. Please remember our care center and the patients and caregivers in your prayers. For salvation mostly, and healing too. Thanks so much

No comments: