Sunday, January 6, 2008

My Tour : Part 1


I thought I would show you around the Mission a bit, the best I can... So I know these pictures won't protray where I've been for the past four months the best but it will have to do : ) Here is a picture of me.. all excited to show you guys around. haha

First I'll start with my place. Welcome to my livingroom. This is the view coming in from the front door. See my nice setup of my laptop WITH wireless internet. Ya, I'm pretty spoiled there... And as you can see the piano on the right.. ya, when I first walked in to my new place I was like "Are you serious Lord?! My own piano in my PLACE?!" My overflowing joy quickly diminished when I started playing it to find the keys falling off and a very unpleasant out-of-tune sound... Well, I guess I can't be too spoiled right? I'm content with my wireless. There are my two lovely comfortable chairs, one of which was recently fixed due to me sitting on it and breaking it while sitting down with a bowl of icecream! Oh and yes, and notice my strand of Christmas decor??
Let us go through to my cute little kitchen. Welcome to my kitchen. I don't have an oven but I share that with the lady I live next door to. And a toaster.. and a bathroom.. oh I will need to put I picture of my bathroom on here! Anyways...I'm blessed to have a fridge because when I first came here I didn't have it.. and I was sharing with Denise for a few weeks. So ya, thanks God for the fridge!

And lastly, my cozy comfortable bedroom.. which this picture is kinda lying because pretty much most of the time it does not look like this... I just cleaned it. haha Anyhoo....

And yes, I do have a random sink in my bedroom...and it works too! Well one tap does...


And here is the view looking out the front door. The building to the left is where the residents stay. The residents are men who are struggling with drug and alcohol addictions and they come here to work on the mission and try to start clean again. And on the right is where we park all our vehicles.And this is the view from the back, looking out the kitchen window. That building is the main building where the office is and the team meeting room and the church and a big donation room full of clothes. And on the left.. the lower building is the kitchen/dining hall.

So there you go! That is Part One of the Tour. My place. So for those of you who might be worrying about my living conditions... (namely, mom...haha just kidding mom) I am very blessed to live where I'm living. I definitely wasn't expecting a cute little place like this.

No comments: