Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Thieves in the Night!

This morning I woke up to no water coming out of my taps. Ok, so no shower for me this morning.. no big deal. It's all good. But in the next half hour I found out that it actually was quite a big deal. And that is wasn't good... Last night someone or some people jumped the wall around the mission and stole all the copper pipes outside a main bathroom here. Many people were without toilets, showers and a sink all day. The cost to replace all the piping a lot of Rand and it's not cool because our mission is struggling finanically, just like most missions I'm sure. It's also frustrating and discouraging because we do so much good for the community around us and help people and try to make a difference here in Dundee and the surrounding areas but yet we still get abused. Anyways, so today the men here were busy fixing the pipes and now tonight a few of them are taking shifts in security watch. Poor guys! But really, I'm so naive about actually thinking people get into the mission and roam around at night. Its kinda scary actually... Never know who could be behind a tree or a building when I walk around at night.. I guess that's why they tell us not to really do that... um... makes sense.

2 comments:

Marian said...

hey lindsay, it is sad that people wanted to steal copper pipes....It makes me more curious thinking what they are going to use it for...anywho...Praying that you are keeping safe

Furious Rodimus said...

Hey Lindsay! i hope you're doing well . it was nice to read your email and see all that you're doing in africa. may God continue to work in you and rely on His strength. i'm praying for you.
Tammy (p.s. this is my bf's (Rod) account b/c i don't have one yet)