Monday, August 13, 2007

Surprise Going Away Party





This past Friday my friends in S'toon planned a surprise going away party for me. It was soo cool. They are so awesome and such great friends : ) I'm really going to miss them next year and it's hard for me to leave knowing I will be missing out on what the group does while I'm away but they are all really encouraging and supportive and are excited about me going which is sweet. I know that I will miss alot of things here but I know that God has many great and fun and new experiences for me in Africa which is super exciting. Here are a few pics of my party. It's kinda funny but I felt really bad but the party was suppose to start at 7 and Heather was going to pick me up and we were all going to go out for "coffee". The plan was for Heather to go pick up Matt for coffee too and then when we were at his house I would come in I would find out it was a party for me.... But.... just 5 minutes after talking on the phone with Heather about our plans for "coffee", work called me and needed me to come back for a few hours! So I actually didn't get there till almost 9 (and the whole time I didn't know it was a party for me.. i just thought it was coffee) and so I felt bad when I found out that I missed out on the hamburgers and hotdogs everyone had at 7. But they were totally ok with it and we still shared a delicious DQ icecream cake and watched "Shooter" and sat around talking and laughing. The top picture is of Graham, Clint and Matt. The third picture is me and Heather eating our icecream cake and the bottom is Janaya and Marion. : ) Thanks so much guys! I will miss you lots!

No comments: