Monday, November 5, 2007

Apples

Hey everyone,
Sorry it's been a while. Things are going well with me here. Today was soo nice because it was my day off. I worked in the kitchen all weekend, by myself, cooking... and so ya, right now i'm sure some of you are laughing or just curious to know how that went. haha so i will tell you. It was actually rather quite ok. I made scrambled eggs and toast for breaky and potatoes and wieners and veggies for lunch and pancakes for supper... and that day was great. Sunday.. someone esle offered to help make breakfast for me cause i had worship practice at 7:30 so taht was really nice. And then came lunch... lets just say I made spaggetti and mince... but I didn't boil the water first before i put the noodles in... yeah.. so, for those who don't already know, the spaggetti was very sticky and I had some pretty fat noodles to serve. Oh boy.. that's why I shouldn't be in the kitchen.. especially cooking for 25 people. haha, but no it was actually fun and different.. and then supper was easy.. i was going to make garlic bread and so i put it in the oven and then when i went to check on it there was mold all over it.. so ya, that was thrown out. But hopefully I haven't scared you all away from ever wanting to come over to my house to eat cause there are some things that I can cook well.

Today I went for a full neck, back and shoulder massage for the FIRST time in my life and it was sooo nice! agh I'm so thankful there are people who have that job! and it was soo cheap! 30 minutes for $12! That is a deal hey? So I think I will be going to that place a little more often now....

As I went to town I filled my purse full of apples. It's funny how in Canada I would never do such a thing but here it is so easy to do and you don't get strange faces when you hand them out, but rather, smiling faces filled with thankfulness for one small little apple. It's such a simple thing but such a wonderful way to bless those around you. I think I brought about 7 so I gave them to some babas (older black men) and mamas (older black ladies). And as I was walking I ran into my friend Uncoseapa and chatted with him for a while and so I gave him an apple too.

Here are some pics of two weekends ago. Dione, Maresa and the kids, Valerie and Claudette and Pieter and Andre (the kids are the kids of a couple here who works at the mission as well) took our friends, the skipping boys and Wellington (their coach), to the dam to swim for that Sunday afternoon. We had a great time hanging out playing with the balls in the water and soccer in the beach and trying to try the sport kayak. It was soo hard! I tipped over soo many times but at the end I was getting it.. a little bit.




Claudette, Lunga and Wellington in the back of the bukkie.



Andre, myself and Maresa in the back of the bukkie.



Trying out the sport kayak


Paul doing some hand stands and whatnot..

Dione and Claudette soaking up the sun... under an umbrella... lol


It was all good except the little leeches that were all over my feet and the huge spider that was crawling up my back... sick man. I hate bugs. That was the first time I got leeches on me. Thankfully they were not the big ones.

No comments: