Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas Time in South Africa

Here are some pic's of our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in South Africa. I'm so glad we had each other. It was so different celebrating Christmas far away from home without my family but God blessed my Christmas time here as well. Enjoy!
We had some red bull that night to keep us up and so this is the result of it



This is what it looks like when Canadians are desperate for a Christmas tree.Our beautiful hand-made Christmas tree and Christmas treats.
Cute Judy. She was so crazy that night!
On Christmas Day we had a braai (South African BBQ) with the whole mission. It was such great food and fellowship. Peter and Angeline's kids also came up for Christmas so it was really nice having them around all together.


From left to right : D, Micheal, Timothy, Megan, Angeline and myselfUmballi, Nukathola, Sofia and Judy
The men cooking the meat
Megan and MarysaI got to talk with my family Christmas night which was SO great! I really missed them that day. Hearing all of their voices again and laugh with them was so great and such a blessing. And while on the phone they laughed about the way I pronounce my words! haha I guess I'm becoming more and more South African? I dunno.. it was funny though. Aaron said I'm going to be bugged when I get back home...haha
At night we had a great night of card games at the pastor's house with their kids. It's nice that they are close to my age. They are a lot of fun and we have many good laughs together.
Well, I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year as well!
Cheers!

No comments: