Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm Coming Home!!

Sorry everyone for the really long space between this blog and the last! I don't have excuses so I'm just gonna say sorry. Anyhoo, I'm coming home in 7 days!!! One more week in Africa! Really I'm so super exited to go HOME! One year definitely does fly by but still, one year is one year! I'm so excited to be home and be in Canada and see my family again and my FRIENDS!! Praise the Lord I was able to see my family in May. What a huge blessing that was for me and for them : )
I'm feeling fine about leaving in a week. Yes, a bit stressed but emotionally I'm ready. It feels good to know I'm going home... and I think its been easy for me emotionally because I am trusting the Lord to bring me back to this place in a few months time. I plan on coming back for another year or so. It is a big step and decision and it was quite difficult to discern what God wanted me to do a few months back, but about a month ago He revealed His desire for me to come back. Honestly some days I question Him... but that is only because my desires get in the way of where He is leading me. But ya, if you could pray for me about that. Just that I would not shift and waver but continue to follow and walk in the way God wants me to and that I would be thankful about it and have peace.

This weekend Judy, Andrea and myself went CAMPING in AFRICA!! It was about 2 hours away from Dundee. It was such a great experience camping in a little 3 man tent in the middle of the mountains with baboons, jackals and warthogs roaming free around us. hahaha serious! It was crazy. Yes there were other people around us : ) We climbed a mountain 4.5 hours on Saturday and had a picnic at the top with the magnificent view of the Drakensburg. So incredibly beautiful! And perfect weather too. The Lord is so good to us. AND He protected from the swinging baboons in the trees above us. haha. We went Friday afternoon and came back Saturday night. And during the night there was some strange animal outside our tent sniffing and make a clunky sound as he walked. We still had no idea what it was. We thought maybe a Eland (big buck) then a cow with a bell on it... and then Pastor Peter heard the story and thinks it must have been a warthog.





So I will see you all very very soon!! I leave South Africa September 8 and I arrive in Hamiliton, ON, on the 9th. I need to stay there for a few days for de-briefing and then I'm home home on Saturday (13th). I'M SOO EXCITED!!! Till then, God bless you and enjoy your week!

Love you all,

Lindsay

No comments: